To help individuals in this priority group to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency.
Options provides individualized service to clients facing significant barriers to securing and maintaining employment as a result of their disabilities, whether it be a physical disability, persons who are Deaf or hard of hearing, persons with psychological, psychiatric or emotional disabilities, or persons with learning disabilities who have co-morbid conditions from the other categories. Individuals may be referred from various government departments and community outreach services or they may also self-refer.
Options uses the 4 employ-ability dimensions to determine and address client needs:
- Career Decision Making - determines appropriate career goals
- Skill Enhancement - assisted in accessing programs suited to their individual needs
- Job Search - providing support, education and assistance to enhance each client`s job search
- Employment Maintenance - providing ongoing support to the newly employed client and the employer
To provide one-on-one employment related counselling and transition to employment and training services to persons with disabilities in the greater Saint John area.
- Persons with physical disabilities
- Persons who are Deaf or hard of hearing
- Blind - low vision
- Persons with psychological, psychiatric or emotional disabilities
- Persons with learning disabilities who have co-conditions from the other categories